[ SHOWGSD-L ] Raw Feeding question

  • From: "Iza Kabuska" <iza10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:26:27 -0500

The lady up the street who raises her own cattle, cleaned out her freezer
yesterday to make room for the latest "slaughter" & gave me two big boxes of
frozen stuff for the dogs, knowing I feed raw.    Can someone please tell me
are "short ribs"  ok to give the dogs ?  They appear to be thin marrow bones
with lots of meat around them.  Is the bone maybe too hard ?  Is this bone more
of a recreational bone ?  Also, she gave me a huge smoked ham that is frozen.
Once I thaw it out, can I cut it up and give to the dogs ?  (Some of this stuff
looks way too good - wish I knew of a really poor family)
Iza Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com