[ SHOWGSD-L ] Raw Feeding / Teeth

  • From: Donna Turner <gsdmomx3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

I feed raw and have done so for over 15 years. I feed chicken backs in the
morning in crates. I use antibacterial wipes to wipe the crates out. I do this
in the morning and I leave for work at 6:15 and backs are just easy. For the
evening meal I feed ground hamburger and ground turkey. I use my  cuisinart
food processor and toss in olive oil spinach baked sweet potatoes  raw eggs
banana oranges Then I mix this pureed mixture with the raw meat and top with
vanilla yogurt.
Now I change up the fruits and veggies as to whatâ??s fresh at the farm market
and as to what time of year it is. And when I travel with dogs I just bring
packs of Salmon or Tuna. It's easy to fly in a suit case and the dogs love it.

About once a week we give the dogs beef marrow bones.

I have to say I have a 11 yr old gsd that has terrible teeth. He does have a
wry mouth and on one side it is really bad. I brush his teeth and scale them on
a regular basics. I even spray Listerine mixed with water in his mouth. If I
did not do this I am sure he would have lost most of his teeth a long time ago.

Donna Turner

any post.