[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ratings

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:38:49 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2009 8:02:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TISHW@xxxxxxx writes:
My guess  is that anyone who posted something on such a web site could be
open  to a libel charge.  Maybe our resident lawyer will make a comment  on

this.

Well, first of all it is open to charges, but truth is a full  defense.   I
think you could do it with a proper disclaimer that it is  but the opinion
of someone who posts.  I also think it would be a help,but  open to misuse.

I am not sure how it would be dependable, but they do it for ratings on
everything from movies to sales of products.  I seldom depend on it,but if  I
see only one star on a seller on e-bay, I usually look for another location
for the product.

I myself would revel in an X rating, but I guess it is too late.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/