[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rash, hot spot or what??

  • From: "Gail BAUMAN" <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSDs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:45:03 -0500

Just noticed one of my dogs was doing the bite-itch on his upper arm under his
elbow.  I took him up on the bed to look at it and saw that in his arm pit he
has a raised area of crusty, weepy skin, so I looked him over really well - he
has this same crusty, weepy skin near his nipples on the one side (same as
under the arm) and just a bit on his other side, some on his chest, and then
the skin on his belly right behind where his belly button would be - his
testicles and actual stomach skin on either side of his penis look fine.  Any
idea what this could be from, and what I could put on it?  When I was looking
it over and scraping some of the crusty scabs/stuff off he wasn't
uncomfortable, just somewhat itchy.  He has been on ShowStopper for about a
month, wondering if it could be either the supplement or perhaps some missed
shampoo from his bath a couple of weeks ago that could be causing the problem?
Otherwise he is fine - no other problems at all.  Anyone have any ideas for
what it is and/or treatment?  Wondering if I could put some cortisone cream on
it, or give him a bath and dry the area really well, or what?  THANKS in
advance.....!