[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Random acts of kindness

  • From: "Arcturus" <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:02:21 -0500

My youngest daughter is a teacher in a low income school district.  Many times
there are children who cannot go along on a field trip or participate in some
school activity because they don't have the money to do it.  Often times its
less than $10. per child,  but for a parent who has more than one child in
school its an impossible amount.  If you contact one of your local school
districts and tell them you would like to help in such a situation they will
contact you,  or if you know a teacher.  Sometimes, supplies or books are
needed as well.  We often help out a child or two at different times during the
school year.  Last year, one of our listers: Kathy Salvuchi helped out a child
who was very large for his age by buying him a new winter coat and a pair of
jeans.  What a difference this can make in a child's life.  Sue T.