[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rally Obedience and AOE

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:02:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/2005 8:32:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
but do  we not
accept pre-trial herding pass/fail scores for   AOE?

Ht and PT count for all of the PC awards.

You know, there may be a feeling that one title or another may be  "easier".
It depends on the dog. The HT and/or PT aren't easy if your  dog won't herd,
wont STOP (!!!) or takes "fetch" literally and brings the  sheepies back with
holes in them.  (Trust me, the AKC frowns on  that!)  A CD isn't easy if your
dog has stay issues or won't stand for exam  or turns into a tracking dog for
the heel off leash.  If you don't have  really (!!!!) good attention, just
forget about Rally until you get it.

Dear God, let's not go down the road of this venue/title is harder than  that
one.  Lets just celebrate HOWEVER people choose to enjoy their  relationship
with their dog and be sincere in our congratulations!  I root  for the GSD(s)
no matter what ring I am standing outside of, Group or  performance and when I
see a wonderful handler/dog relationship in the  performance ring, when those
dark eyes look at their person w/ that "What next",  "I got it!" look, I
don't care WHICH ring it is, I'm giddy!  Whatever  achievements I enjoy with my
dog aren't diminished by some else's achievements,  they are enhanced, because
can look at/talk to/e-mail that person, say  "Good job!", "Nice dog!", "Way
to go!!!!" and know EXACTLY what they are  feeling.

We've all (well most of us) have held a puppy who didn't take their first
breath.  We've held that old, MUCH loved companion and said good-by.   If those
experiences don't teach us to cherish accomplishments, what will? Be  vocal,
sincere and generous with your praise. It's ALL good!

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_