[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge - Tragic Story

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ChGSDs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 22:30:01 -0400

It is with deep sadness that I now announce the passing of our dear MeMe.
2004 Southeast Best in Maturity Ch. Bee Gee's Pick Me of Angel OFA (H & E-Good)
Owners: Jeff Pyle, Sean Bragg, Tina Bogdanich and Beverly Pyle-Scofield.
Date of Birth - 8/4/02       Date of Death - 6/25/05

On Friday June 24th, we delivered MeMe at the Midwest Futurity showsite in
Minnesota to be taken for breeding and with great expectations of breeding her
to GV Bono for what would have been her first litter.  In the middle of the
following hot summer day MeMe died.   Final autopsy results report that MeMe
died of Aspiration Pneumonia.   The Vet found that she had vomit and blood
inside her lungs and an elevated body temperature of 105 degrees.  Autopsy
results also 100% ruled out bloat, torsion or toxic gut or any related cause
for the aspiration pneumonia.  Evidently it was heat related.  We are sorry we
were not with her when she died.

MeMe accomplished much for us.  At 20 months of age she had placed 2nd at the
National, won her Maturity, finished with 4 majors and then at 2 years of age
received good ratings from OFA for both hips and elbows.  She had much promise
as a producer.  Aside from this loss, MeMe was one of the cutest dogs I have
had. She had a unique playful personality.  The night we delivered her she
played like a puppy with me and Sean before leaving.   She played with her
friends and part-time handlers Leslie and Donna and Tif and Joanne.   We all
joked about how she looked and acted like an 8 month old puppy still.
I didn't know that would be the last time I would have the chance to play with
her.  And who can forget MeMe's tiny little ears that crossed over her head as
she looked at you with adoration and innocence.   I will never forget you
With love,
Jeff