[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge -- "Sammi"

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:55:39 EST

It is with a heavy heart that I make this post for my good friends, Chris,
Lew and Nicky.
On Sunday, Nov. 19, 2006 AOE Sel. Ch Carousel Farms Samantha TC PT OFA H&E
crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Sammi would have been 10 in two months.

"Sammi" was owned by Chris Jolley Kimerer and Lew and Nicky Bunch.  Lew and
Nicky were also Sammi's breeders.  Sammi was Chris' personal dog and spent her
last weekend in one of her favorite activities, a road trip with Chris.  Sammi
made her last public appearance in the Parade of Greats at the National just
a month ago.  She gaited her way around the ring in the same spectacular
fashion she had when Fred Migliore chose her as a Select in 1999.  (I think
someone
said they overheard Fred call her "Pretty" in St. Louis)!

Sammi performed equally well in the whelping box and was the proud dam of
Julie Degen's PAM Ch Carousel Farms Caisson TD PT TC OAJ, (forgive me Julie for
not remembering all those obedience titles which are earned so frequently by
you and Cassie that I can't keep up);  Lew and Nicky's MW RBIF Ch Carousel
Farms
Caitlin TD; Joe & Kelly Knight's GL BIF Ch Carousel Farms Samson Hadderway;
Sally Hamm's "Kona" TD; Chris' young star, Carousel Farms Jackson Windy Hill
and 9 other kids whose "jobs" are to playball and warm the feet of their owners.

Sammi was taken unexpectedly by that silent killer, hemangiosarcoma.

Julie Degan and I will be working on a memorial ad with proceeds in excess of
the ad cost going to health research.

You can send checks or contact Julie or I for additional information;

Betty Johnson
317 North Drive
Marshall, MO 65340
660-886-5942