[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:52:45 -0400

Hi Everyone;
I write this with a heavy heart. Yesterday morning I had to let my Schnapps,
cross over the Bridge. He was not show dog, but a big handsome, wonderful GSD
who loved life and everyone. He came back into my life at 7 when his owner
could not longer keep him and he fit right in with his sire and half brother
and the rest of the family.

If you remember last October he had surgery for a twisted spleen and I asked
everyone on the list to please pray for him. God was
good and gave us 10 more months of wonderful time, but on Sunday his legs would
not hold his body any more and he gave me that look. Just like his sire, he
left me about two weeks short of his 12th birthday.

When everyone was talking about family traits, Schnapps had them. His dam loved
to rub her head on the sofa and go outside and
roll on her back on the grass and snow, so did Schnapps. His sire loved people,
especially the women, had a great personality and
loved puppies, so did Schnapps. I have buried my boy deep in my heart where he
will always remain and I know that he is with my
other fur kids, running and playing with a big stick, till we meet again my boy.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx