[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rainbow Bridge

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, barbmarkh@xxxxxxx, kevinreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:09:51 +0000

There is a new star in the sky tonight and the heavens are brighter for it.
While we in this earthly realm mourn with you. I remember him well. I watched
him win the Bred By Class at the National in Ohio and I turned and said to Bob
Grady "I really like that dog" I thought he might be going a long way.
---- barbmarkh@xxxxxxx wrote:
> It is with a sad heart and many tears that Kevin, Mark & I have to report the
> passing of
>
>                                            "Scoop"
>     AOE,  2 x American Grand Victor,  2 x Canadian Grand Victor,  4 x Select
> Excellent,
>          Best in Show,  Best in Specialty Show,  Best in Maturity,  Am. & Can.
>            Ch. Marquin’s Xtra! Xtra!   RA, TC, HIT, ROM    OFA H&E
>

> We have so many wonderful memories – from the all breed shows (Westminister
> where Scoop liked the girl in season better than showing to Peggy getting to
> see him go BIS , the many specialty shows, the futurity (where it
> snowed)/maturity (where we finished in the dark), the nationals (from the
> thrill of going Winners Dog from the BBE class and Select to the honor of two
> Grand Victor titles and then the emotion of watching him in the Parade of
> Greats).  Scoop loved the attention – the more noise the crowd made the
> more he loved to show – he was dubed the “Eye Candy” dog and he was so
> beautiful  But Scoop was more than a show dog – he loved to toss his
> baseball in the air and then catch it and to play keep away – he liked for
> us to toss the toy way in the air for him to catch – and intimidating his
> little dogs made his day (he loved to say “keep away from my toys – and
> they are all mine”) – he liked going to obedience class and then, with a
> twinkle in his
>  eye, forgetting everything we had practiced – and he loved the jumps even
> when he wasn’t suppose to go over them.  He loved to herd sheep – but
> would move them 3 or 4 times and then go lay under the tree.  He tried
> tracking and was pretty good  . . .he loved to greet company – he thought
> everyone came just to see him - and he was great with kids – he loved to
> snuggle and he could hear a treat bag opening from a mile away . . he loved
> to do anything that he could do with us – a great pal and a great
> representative of the German Shepherd breed and we miss him so very much . .
> . .
>
> Good bye for now our sweet Scoop – we look forward to seeing you and your
> dad “Flash” at the Rainbow Bridge
>
> Barb & Mark Hefner and Kevin Reynolds

> POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the original

> in any post.

> PROSECUTED.

norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com