[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rabies vaccine duration

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, shofar_k9s@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 09:47:33 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2008 2:09:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Our Vet  recommends that we stop vaccines after 3 yrs. of age.    So that is
just about
two Boosters after their puppy series.......possibly  three.
But nothing we can do about rabies as it is a State law that every  three
years they must
receive a rabies booster here in  California.

The problem with this is that some of us have to occasionally board our
dogs.  Most kennels are now requiring that you show proof of the dogs  having
their vaccinations.  Not just rabies but the others as well.
I don't believe I have ever had one adversely affected by the booster shots
even though they probably did not need them.

Tish