[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rabies in Virginia......

  • From: Lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, <bhahn0616@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 20:27:37 +0000

Here is a real kicker:
I live in Roswell GA.  Fulton County.  I am required to pay $25 per year for a
rabies shot to my county.  When the vet gives the shot, they inform the county,
and the county sends a bill to responsible dog owners who vaccinate.  3 year
rabies, $60.

Politics at it's finest.  In essence, I am being fined for giving a rabies
shot, those who do not vaccinate pay zero.  I also understand that The State of
Georgia has not had a rabies case in over 40 years.  Now I would not mind if
the $ went to animal shelters, but it ends up in some slush fund.

From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx