[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rabies

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 06:35:28 -0700 (PDT)

I lived in Montgomery County, Maryland, and now in Miami-Dade county.  Both
track rabies shots, and both have fines for missing it.  Both count dogs using
the rabies info.  I know of no other way.  But my vet lets me put the needle
in, against the rules, yes, but he is a busy vet.
  sheila
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 4/25/2006 9:37:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I have a question for all the people who are arguing that we need rabies
shots. Who ever said we didn't need to have them? In the first place,
they are mandatory in every state in the Union. Nobody objects to the
shots. The objections are to the "tracking" information that now has to
be reported to the government when your dog (or cat) GETS a rabies
shot. When you tie the two together, it works out that if you obey the
law, you subject yourself to an invasion of privacy...

Well, I must've missed the tracking part, I was strictly talking about
rabies.

I have nothing to hide at home, my doors are usually not even locked. BUT I
am not in favor of any uninvited guest, being my next door neighbor or Big
Brother and their doggie counters.

This is concerning, though. How many people are just not going to get their
animals vaccinated to avoid this tracking? I know we can't purchase rabies
vaccines as we can the rest of the vaccinations.

What a mess.

Ileana
I go to dog shows to have fun, otherwise I can go to work ;-)

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training