[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rabies

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:35:56 -0400

I have a question for all the people who are arguing that we need rabies
shots.  Who ever said we didn't need to have them?  In the first place,
they are mandatory in every state in the Union.  Nobody objects to the
shots.  The objections are to the "tracking" information that now has to
be reported to the government when your dog (or cat) GETS a rabies
shot.  When you tie the two together, it works out that if you obey the
law, you subject yourself to an invasion of privacy...and I don't care
if there are already records on all of us somewhere, which there are, I
know...but using the dogs to track us (eventually) is ridiculous and
specious.
    It all smacks of Big Brother, or worse, Naziism...really, it does.
I guess the slow slide towards a police state is so unthinkable to some
that they don't recognize that it's happening here.  First just little
things, and the next thing you know, people will have to be chipped,
too...under the guise of "oh, it'll help you find your lost or missing
child."   Well, sure it will...if there's a GPS chip implanted along
with the ID chip...otherwise it'll only help when the child is found,
dead or alive.
    The only place microchips should be mandatory is in sex offenders
and child molesters - let the government track them, not the people who
are getting their pets rabies shots.
Peggy