[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ROM...

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:26:37 -0400

Christine is right.  ROM, things like it, are club titles...that means
they should be available only to  member-owned animals.
If someone out there owns a dog that's producing that many champions,
etc., the owner SHOULD be a member of the club anyway.
Other than the club's temperament test title, the ROM, Select, AOE,
etc., there are no  titles I can think of that are restricted to members
only...
have I missed something?  Certainly a non-member owned dog may receive a
Select award, just as one may go GV or GVX -- but where
can they use that title?  These are the "perks" of belonging to a
club...and as it should be.
    All other titles:  Conformation, obedience, and performance titles,
are AKC titles and available to other breeds.  Other breed clubs
also have ROM qualifiers...each club's system is different.  Only
member-owned dogs are eligible, and that's how it should be.
  Peggy