[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ROM...

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Louise Cauthen" <cauthenl@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:09:41 -0500

You can't keep a dog from being entered in BOB competition..the title GV or
GVX is that title given to BOB or BOS  ..however using that title..which is
a GSDCA title is another thing..that is if you want to make it so. We have
beat this dead horse to a pulp..if people can't see the difference in PC
titles and AKC titles...and that both the dog and owner and breeder deserve
recognition for all efforts involved..I quit! I suppose what aggravates me
is year after year PC members pay their dues...literally. Our dues help to
buy ribbons..we need trophy donations from PC members..part of our dues I
am certain go to finding a place to have the National..and most of all to
promote the breed. then there are some..who for whatever reason..don't want
to pay dues..but want to accept the trophies..the ribbons..enjoy the
atmosphere...and benefit from all the work that the dues paying members
do..and then get the HONOR of being able to advertise these special
achievements awarded by the GSDCA. BTW I know my membership roster is 2
years old..but couldn't locate your name in the roster..perhaps you have
become a GSDCA member since then?? If so..we are glad you are!Oh one last
thing..you can become a champion without belonging to the GSDCA..one has
nothing to do with the other..it is an AKC championship..BUT  a SELECT
champion is a GSDCA title...C.Grainger

Grumdahl <juel@xxxxxxxxxx>; ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 9/12/2006 4:18:47 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ROM...
>
> If a dog sires or is the dam of an AKC champion, it should have nothing
to do with GSDCA club membership - unless being a member gives the owner
more recognition with, like someone mentioned, a plack or something....

>   Can't a non club member owned dog earn the GV and GVX titles and all
GSDCA obedience titles?     Can't a dog from another country come over and
earn these parent club titles?    I think how well a dog produces should
have no bearing if it is not owned by a PC member.

>   I don't see how it takes anything 'away from' the parent club to give
this earned title especially since it isn't a parent club 'championship'
but an AKC championship.   JMO
>   Louise  Cauthen
>
> <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I think that if a dog is 1)bred by a PC member 2) owned or co-owned
by a PC
> member at the time the breedings took place that resulted in the dog
> meeting the requirements for ROM, then the dog/breeder/coowners should be
> recognized. If the dog achieves the ROM title after it is in a retirement
> home and ownership has changed to a non PC member..that should not have
> anything with whether the dog/owners receive the plaque, page..or
whatever.
> Even though per Doris there have only been to ROM dogs who were owned by
> non members and not recently, I still DO think that attaining a GSDCA
> title is a privilege of membership and being a GSDCA member is a
> privilege!..let folks that don't want to join, get organized, create their
> own club and make up their own titles. Christine Grainger

PC