[ SHOWGSD-L ] RMGSDC Specialty Results and Thanks

  • From: "Beth Reynolds" <beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:20:47 -0600

The Rocky Mt. GSD clubs Spring Specialty is now at a close.  I would like to
sincerely thank each and every exhibitor, club member, and judge for
ensuring a wonderful show weekend.  While our weekend was more warm than I
like and prayed for it was a wonderful, enjoyable show weekend.  Our club
did compete against several other shows and yet I feel we still did nicely
with 3 points on both sides both days.

*****Our show secretary who is also our web guy had to take off very early
this Monday for a week.  This means that posting of the winners on our
website will have to wait that long. ******

My grateful thanks first go out to Gary Szymczak and Lamar Frederick.  They
were both a class act and fun to be around.  Both judges did a wonderful job
judging.  The plus with both is how agreeable they were to the whole
process.  Very nice guys who know their way around the dogs.  Plus the easy
manner with our Jr.'s.

Gary and Lamar you are both the best.

Club members.  You guys are the glue that holds our club together.  This
show could not have gone forward with out you. Special thanks to Patty
Korsch who is always making sure I am planning ahead, and who is the best
ring steward EVER.  This was a feat this year with her 12 Ch. Cookie puppies
to keep her hopping. Jan Cressman the queen of show gifts, hospitality and
gift bags ( for those staying at the host hotel) and the best show lunch
around.  Cesar Salad, Fruited chicken salad on croissants, and much more.
Club members who helped to make sure our stellar Hospitality Night went off
without a hitch.  Help setting up/take down/making the awesome food to
serve. Plus the wonderful conversation.

Further acknowledgement of club members goes out to Fran Henry who took the
time to e-mail the show list when road closers affected travel on Sat. to
the show site.  Also to Fran again and Dee Lauffer who manned the RALEEF
table at our show.  Thanks Ladies :O)

To the Young Marines based out of Buckley Air Force Base you guys will
always be thought of with a grateful smile.  Our local Young Marines helped
our show so much this year.  Setting up and taking down.  Providing a Color
Guard for both days followed by the Pledge Of Allegiance.  Their
professionalism was so appreciated.  Their duty was not only to help our
club set up and take down each day.  They were also there  to help the
exhibitors set up and take down.  They were wonderful.

Our host hotel the Staybridge Suites your so fancy to allow our dogs there
but still your welcome us. Glendale Parks department and Vickie Allen who
put off the Mayor of Glendale so we could hold out show at Creek side park.
As usual the park was green and beautiful as it has been for us the last 3
years.    Beautiful spacious grounds a little walk from the host hotel.
Back drop for show pictures a planter full of Pansy's and a background of
trees.  Web page for show pictures www.stoverphotography.com

A show chairman's job is demanding but when you have help like this you
simply have to say thanks and enjoy the  weekend.  I guess what this means
is that we are gearing up for our 2007 National Host duties.  A special
thanks to Gary S. and Brad Sipp for the nice words about our show, our club
and our site.  Please tune in to our clubs website from time to time to see
what we are up to.  If you are ever out this way .  Look us up.
www.rmgsdc.org

My Best to all GSD Enthusiasts
Beth Reynolds
2006 Conformation Show Chair