[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: REVIEW

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:05:19 -0800 (PST)

In the ago there was a committee that set the ratio of articles to advertising
for the Review. I believe this was done to make sure the Review did not run too
deeply in the red. Long story short, if there is not enough advertising dollars
the articles are limited. If I am wrong on this I am sure someone will jump in
and correct me. Their was also a Review committee that either approved or
rejected articals that went into the Review so there is more to this problem
that you might think.

  A camel is a horse by committee.
  Terry
Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have not read most of the posts on this matter. I expect they are largely
the same as last month.

Why don't we all just stop complaining and give this new board and new
president some time to see what they can do.

Gail reads all these posts, whether or not she responds, we see her name often
enough here to know she is one of us 'listers'. She knows how we feel.

It would be nice if she would accept any and all assistance offered to her. We
all have times of great need for help from others. But she seems an indpendant
soul. That is at the moment a problem but it might one day be a blessing too.

I have noticed that there are some here who use this as a platform for
complaints and complaints alone.

Life is just not perfect, everyone goes the 'wrong' direction at some time.
Entries are down, judges are crooked, the Review is laughable. The best teams
are going to the Superbowl, the worst teams are going, it depends who you ask.

If everyone contributed one small article to Gail for publication, about what
you love or hate about your dogs, dog shows, bloodlines, something!, it might
get published, thent he Review would be that much bigger.

But to spend my time reading over and over about how the Dallas club is making
a mistake, or one person there is destroying the club, and all this other
negative stuff is, frankly, not the way I want to spend my time reading about
our dogs.

I like the discussions on what to do, how this person does that, and so on. I
love the ligitmate questions about dogs. But the vicious ramblings of people
with a bone to pick, it is just enough!

I have dog shows to get entries for, so does Mike Gray, what do you all say we
try to fill up dog shows, and make better dogs, and spread some love here!!!!
Sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and
used cars.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

 PhotoMail  - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.