[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESPECT

  • From: "Donna" <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'GSD Show List'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:03:08 -0400

saying "huh".

It opens a very wide door for a discussion on Respect..

I was brought up with being made to understand Respect is to be given and
received. I know the "Dog show world" is not the only world that see's such
a change in Respect to.judge, handler, breeder, exhibitor, trainers &
juniors.etc.however the whole human race seems to have forgotten what that
is in personal lives and professional lives.

I know that when you put a dog in the ring, it's up for public scrutiny,
everyone has the right to an opinion (we all know how that saying goes).if
it behaves bad or has a fault that is obvious.most of the people all turn
and look and stare at the owners/handlers/breeders or trainers.being there
in a few instances.that is the most horrible embarrassing situation.then you
have the comments, and new people sitting there watching and listening
thinking that is what is expected as behavior. What we forget is, these are
dogs. animals, not machines.we can not control what they do.anyone doing
this long enough has had an experience with something in the ring their dog
did embarrassed them. The handler can be prepared.but ya know, sometimes it
happens..the people are what make the situation worse. The Gossiping.the
lack of respect, for someone that possibly is sitting close by that has
something to do with that dog who is now more upset hearing what other
people are saying.

I know with every situation and happening, especially bad.people have the
need to talk, some thinking they are "concerned"  "helping" "looking out
for". but human nature takes over and it's blatant gossip.and then things
are either overheard or misconstrued.and the talk goes on and on and on.
From experience I know this.it only adds to the hurt party.and doesn't
respect the conversations that they may have had in confidence, and then you
have people going on and on about other things.seeing an opportunity for
themselves.seeing a way to break down something more than one person has
tried to do, to be a good thing..again with the lack of respect.sometimes,
after the damage is done, it wouldn't be a bad thing for people to go back
and say they are Sorry, and truly mean that!!!

I just hope once again, that people realize what you say, do or act out
on.can be hurtful to someone and break the Rule of Respect.for a human
being.I myself, have many reasons for writing this and I am writing this on
my own personal behalf.listening to other breeders talk about someone else's
breeding program.another handler's dog their showing, a judges decision, a
way a handler conducts themselves, the way a judge treats a handler.either
way we need more RESPECT TO MAKE THIS GAME INVITING FOR THE NEW PEOPLE.and
to want to stay involved ourselves.

Just something to think about! We all need to give it first to get it back.

Donna M. Calabrese

Donna M. Calabrese

Aramist Kennels

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2606+Blymire+Road&csz=Red+Li
on%2C+PA++17356&country=us> 2606 Blymire Road
Red Lion, PA 17356

 <mailto:onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx> onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx
 <http://www.girlzofaramist.com> www.girlzofaramist.com
AIM: girlzofaramist