[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:02:50 -0500

Years back, a woman rang my bell.  SHe was standing at my front door with a
golden.

I asked her if I could help her, and she replied that she was told that I had a
few dogs and would
probably take her golden. (I had three GSDS)

I asked her why she wanted someone to take her golden, and told her that I just
owned a few
dogs of a different breed. I wasn't a rescue organization.

She replied that she was pregnant.  Then went on to say that She and her
husband got the dog
to see if they were ready to have a family, and when they determined that, she
got pregnant and
no longer needed the dog. Having a dog and a baby would be too much work.

I will say, it took my totally off guard, and I guess you could say what I said
next was totally
rude, but I just couldn't help myself. I REPLIED:

So, Will you get rid of the child when it becomes too much work?

I then said, call Golden Rescue and closed the door.

The Images still burn in my head.