[ SHOWGSD-L ] REALITY CHECK

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:21:07 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:showgsd-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Open letter to List

I spent 22 of my 45 years with Ford Motor Co. as a Participating Union
worker I went through many elections but never one as dirty and underhanded
as  this GSDCA election. There are people in charge of this list and some
with influence on this list who have used it shamefully. I know that the
overwhelming  majority of the members of this list are honest people
dedicated to the GSD. but  because of the few and those in charge I feel I
can no longer be part of it. So  I am taking the advice of one of the
listers and I am going to try to not let  the door hit me in the a** as I
leave.  It amazes me that some of the  people who seem to have influence
here when you look at their career in GSDs all  they seem to have
contributed to the breed is their opinion. I would like for the admin. to
withdraw my name Frederick Migliore  and my e-mail address _EKOLAN1@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx)  from membership.  Fred
PS maybe someday there will be a list like the one I joined years ago
I would love to be part of it.

Dear List Admins, List members and Fred:

This is the first post I've made since 09/18/2007.  I've kept my mouth shut
about all this bildgewater on the list --- even though there have been
several potential "Classic Kathaleen Strong" emails trashed in that time.

IF Fred Migliore's post isn't a Reality check and WAKE UP CALL to all the
crap that has been spewed on this list in the recent months, then I don't
know what is.  Imagine this -- a Veteran like Fred, used to taking the heat
for years, you've chased him out -- CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT A NEW PERSON MUST
THINK??

Here's a sentiment I heard from another member who had a puppy buyer become
a member -- they were too new to get a ballot, but were on the email list
and got all the related emails in the past couple of months:

"What is wrong with this club and what have I gotten myself into?"

If the downright SHAMEFUL behavior exhibited by the Admins and some list
members can chase someone like Fred off this list -- then you know what, I
think Tom Langlitz is right -- Not only has this Admin become no better than
Norm, but in many respects worse AND Perhaps THIS list has outlived it's
usefulness.

I have not read all of the copious posts over the past weeks because I did
not want to lose my cool, but I've scanned enough to know this --- those who
proclaim they love the breed and by virtue of the fact that the GSDCA is the
breed's voice in America, the Club -- Well what these pot-stirring posts and
divisive tactics of using the list as a media to spread half-truths and
censure opinion -- is not what I call loving the club and therefore the
breed.

I have a good idea who this is all being done for... Each and every one of
you involved in this ought to be ashamed of yourselves.  I don't know why
I'm even remotely surprised -- I've seen this modus operandi in action
several times before -- Just never as blatant and as bad as this.

Fred, I would hope that you didn't leave the list, you make for some good,
insightful and thought provoking posts... just do what I've done for the
past several weeks -- Mass Deletion of garbage.

Kathaleen