[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RE; FACTS

  • From: Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: magic4sure@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Rita:  Thank you for keeping us, the membership, informed as a current Board
member who has first hand knowledge of what is taking place.  I respect you for
having the courage to take a public stance on this and any issue.  I have taken
the opportunity to speak with Gail directly and you are correct she is as
personable as always, as lucid as many or most on this list, her memory was
just fine....just like the Gail we have all known and respected for years.
  Thank you also for realizing there is a fiduciary responsibility as a Board
member to the club and its members.  Thank you for doing your job.  Again thank
you for taking the time to keep us informed.  Patty Downing

   Rita wrote:
  FACT 1: Gail is doing really well. If you have doubts about it, give
her a call and hear for yourself. Gail was not given an opportunity to
voice her opinion to the Board.  SHAME ON US!!!

  FACT 2: I presently serve on the Board and have the fiduciary
obligation to the membership who elected me. I expect the By-Laws and the
Policies and Procedures, to be followed.  In many cases this has not
occurred.

  FACT 3: According to our P & P all Board members are supposed to
receive written reports 2 weeks prior to the Board meeting. It is important
that we have all of the facts before us so that we can make intelligent
well-informed decisions.  I wrote an e-mail prior to the meeting to the
President, Mr. Lew Bunch, who then referred me to Bill Pfeiffer. Bill
assured me that we would get a report from the committee. We did not.
This is a violation of our P & P. How can I, as your representative,
serve you when I don?t have the information needed to make an informed
decision?

  FACT 4: The Review editor is a very important position. Your
membership money helps pay for the Review.  All information pertaining to the
hiring of the Review editor (an independent contractor) should be openly
provided to both the Board and the membership.  This hiring does not
fall under the criteria for a ?CLOSED SESSION?. In the history of the
Club it has never been in closed session.

  These are the facts. I was elected to serve the membership and that
is what I am trying so hard to do.

  Respectfully Submitted,

  Rita Sandell

          Abraxas...The Secret of Success is Consistency of Purpose
  Visit our website at www.abraxasgsd.com
  Members GSDCA, Inc. (Continuous membership) Ken (10/1978) Patty (4/1980)
  Signers Breeders Code of Ethics GSDCA, Inc.
  Members GSDCA-WDA www.gsdca-wda.org