[ SHOWGSD-L ] RDO day last Saturday

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:24:19 EDT

The GSDC of Beaumont had an AKC sanctioned RDO day at Petco in Beaumont
last Saturday and those that attended with their dogs had a great  time.
Interesting questions asked again, and somehow I even managed  to be asked to
groom a white GSD for a local lady.  Apparently the groomers  around this
area don't like to do large dogs, and are rather leery of  GSD's.   Even had a
vet tech who admitted being scared of GSD's  sit down and pet a couple.   In
Roads!

But what was very interesting..........there were 2 other functions going
on at the same time there.  PAWS, which is a local rescue group, and
Greyhound Rescue were also there.  I guess because of this, everyone  thought
our
GSD's were up for adoption!  Shirley and Alan could have  adopted out their
Sel Ch Marhavens Solitaire Traveler many times over, and  several wanted my
Trillia's Gee-Annie.  WE could have probably adopted out  8-9 GSD's that
day.

So in thinking about this.....why don't rescue groups get very visible with
 a local GSD club and do a type of MTB and combine it with GSD rescue's?
Petco would be more than willing to oblige you I am sure.  And doing the
MTB at local community level or doing an RDO day next September also helps you
 meet one section of your compliance demands to have a show.

We also had another club member come out who does not have GSD's but
Australian Shepherds and believe me, she was a big hit and people were very
interested that you do not have to have a GSD to join our club.

Any positive exposure in the community is always a good thing for our
beloved breed.

cc. Rita Sandell, Public Relations Chair, GSDCA

Molly
Trillia German Shepherds since 1972 PH  409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont (recording secretary),  Life Member
CKC
"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize  a mistake
when you make
it again."

NOTICE:
This e-mail is  confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee. Any other  person is strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing or reproducing it.  If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please
notify us immediately by  telephone or e-mail and delete all copies.