[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RAW food

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:49:32 -0500

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:17:37 EST, Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
wrote:

>First Let's NOT start a war. I just need some information.

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand this food war
thing. I know you asked for this privately, but if
everyone sends everything privately all the time, how the
heck are we supposed to learn anything?? I thought email
lists were about education and sharing experiences????

Here's a book you can find at any brick and mortar or
online book store: _Raw Dog Food: Make It Easy for You and
Your Dog_ (Carina Beth Macdonald, Author). This book is
small, cheap and pretty informative. It's a quick and easy
read and will get you started or help you consider whether
you even WANT to get started. Buy it. Read it.  ;)

For anyone who might like to investigate raw feeding,
there is no better way to learn than by joining an email
list or two and picking the brains of people who've gone
before you. Many of these folks will be breeders with
several generations of raw-fed dogs to their credit. So if
you want to know, ASK THEM!!! They'll help you. Here are a
couple of particularly helpful lists I'm a member of and
really like. The first one is owned and run by Carina
Macdonald. It has very nice people and has a relaxed and
non-judgmental attitude about things:

Hope this is helpful!  :)
--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091115-0, 11/15/2009
Tested on: 11/15/2009 3:49:33 PM