[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RAU LINK to GSDCA NATIONAL ENTRY

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:57:23 -0400

Perhaps an ignorant newbie thing to mention, but...

I know the judge can do whatever he/she would like, but seeing how
the GSD is supposed to be a trotting/working animal, as a judge, I
don't think I would want to give the dogs a "rest" before the final
placings.  Just me, but I would like to see my final selections gait
around the ring one more time, with no extended break before hand, so
that I could make sure none of my top picks were "breaking down."
Stamina is so important in this Breed.

Does this make any sense at all?

Due to that handler having a heart attack, I know that the AKC has
placed restrictions on the length of time dogs may be gaited, so
perhaps what I'm saying is a moot point...

Please educate me.  Out of respect to Ms. Gleason, please send me
private replies.  Thanks in advance.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam