[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RALEEF QUESTIONS

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:56:42 -0800 (PST)

I believe we talked about this problem when Colorado was selected for the
national in 2007. We are suppose to boycott an all breed show and then attend a
national GSD show there.?  Hello . What is wrong with this picture????
  Terry
Riatagsd@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/3/2006 5:44:15 PM Central Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
Wouldn't that be a lot more effective than 4 or 10 GSD entries not showing up
at a huge well attended show??

It would not only be GSDs but also the breeds that they have banned.
Unfortunely, especially in the up coming Denver, Colorado shows, the bullie
breeds
are well represent as well as it being a huge major in German Shepherds. I
am beginning to feel that the majority of people showing don't care that in
Colorado they are killing any kind of dog that looks like one of the bullie
breeds. German Shepherds are next in Denver and yet we have a huge major there.
I have a dog that needs his majors and I would not enter in Denver because
of their BSL and where did that get me? We have German Shepherd people
supporting a city that is killing dogs of a certain type. I am also faulting
the
Denver Clubs for holding the show there. How do we expect to win when a major
dog show pulling majors every year will not stand up to the plate and tell
Denver that they will pull their shows and money from the area. Sorry to say
that Eukanuba is just making politically correct noises when it comes to
pulling the shows in CA next January, they are not going to do it!! Money talks
and sorry to say we show people, especially the major money people that send
their dogs to these National Championships or want the major breed wins,
don't care about BSL as long as it is not effecting them or their dogs. We are
our own worst nightmare!

Judy

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original