[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RALEEF QUESTIONS

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:05:18 EST

That is a good question, Lee.   I am pretty well up on all the national, and
most of the more publicized state acronyms, but found myself asea this morning
while reading Bob Kane's analysis of what was happening in the Virginia
legislature.   VHDOA, VVFHS, VACA, VFDCB, ADOA.   Very careful reading had me
sort
out the good guys from the bad guys, but eventually I did it.

The problem lies in that the "bad" guys band together in a single force, and
that is something that really needs to be worked on for the "good" guys.
Joining the breed clubs, the AB clubs, together with other animal groups is so
important that our individual goals need to be less for the greater good.
There are a few out there, DFOW, NCAOA, SAOVA, that have joined for one cause,
PAWS, and including all animals in their organizations.   A wider acceptance of
single force, leaving individual egos behind, is necessary.   For us, joining
UKC, ARBA, AMBOR, with AKC (wish they could drop PAWS!!) with the CatFanciers
of America.   What a force we would have.   The Aristas could not begin to
get the political power that we would have.   Ah, dream on.

Paul (and Margie) can explain the goals of RALEEF and their very reachable
goals and I'm sure they'll be glad to do so.

Stormy

In a message dated 2/3/06 10:44:11 AM, lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Maybe I am speaking for the rest of us, but it isn't apathy that you are
> dealing with, at least for most of us, but actually ignorance in regards to
> which organization we should trust and which should we not trust. There are
> so many abbreviated names of organizations. It really does not mean much to
> us unless we are directly involved already.

Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com