[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: RALEEF QUESTIONS

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:42:22 -0800

SURE........as long as there is some way to let them know WHY!!!   It doesn't do
any good for a few of us to not show up!   There is a GSDC of Long Beach.....
So if the GSD people don't show up because we have  people like Paul and you
keeping us informed.....but 2,400 other dogs show up....does Eukanuba care...are
they worried about losing shows......or even aware!?   This is a powerful Org.
That's my point.   We need UNITED effort.....help from other major Organizations
and Breeds and Stores and Vets and AKC to be able to even put a dent in it.
HOW do we incorporate all this available knowledge into power......make them
understand and become willing to help us.    We're but a ripple in the ocean
until
we do.....
While Paul is trying to call us to arms......and help us understand the battle,
we
are losing the war.
Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com
From: "jack kilgour" <gsdman@xxxxxxx   >Subject:  RALEEF QUESTIONS

  Paul,
Tell us more about RALEEF.  Is there a plan to have a website or a link/page
from the Parent Club's site?  Is the committee looking at writing a mission
statement, goals or objectives?  How can we help or what can we do (in
addition to donating to the cause) when RALEEF shows up at a Futurity or
show like the Triangle?  If I were to walk away with information/brochures
from the RALEEF table, should I start posting it on bulletin boards in pet
stores/veterinarian offices/super markets?

Are there organizations run by different breed clubs that have similar goals
and objectives?  If so, will RALEEF study those organizations and learn
about what is going right and what isn't?

You know, I read your initial post and had these questions, but admittedly I
took a wait and see attitude.  Keep telling us what this committee means to
us and how we can play a role in the helping to save our breed and our
sport.  It appears as though there isn't going to be an overnight solution
to the dilemma we are in, so keep the faith and be patient with what you
might perceive as apathy.  The stakes are high, and as one fancier in the
big sea of purebred dogs, I might initially think there isn't really
anything I could do to really make a difference.  Educate us.  Refer us to
online resources (if/when available) and keep coming back with the message.
You know what they said about the time it took to build Rome...

JMO...

jack

Jack Kilgour

Kijoda Kennels Reg'd