[ SHOWGSD-L ] RALEEF 3 Triangle Handout

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:45:28 -0800

RALEEF
Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort Foundation

RALEEF is a new committee established with the full support of the Officers and
Board of the GSDC of A. We are education oriented and will be offering said
education throughout the years events. Look for a RALEEF sign at an event near
you.

There are groups of people out there who don't want you to own your dogs let
alone exhibit them in our sport. They are Animal Rights Activists. Their groups
all have names that are shortened with acronyms. Remember there is a huge
difference between Animal Rights and Animal Welfare. You are an Animal
Welfarist...and that's a good thing. The AR's goals are reflected in the Animal
Rights Agenda. Here is what they think...

THE ANIMAL RIGHTS AGENDA

1. Abolish all animal research.
2. Abolish all product testing, dissection, or demonstrations on animals.
3. Encourage 'vegetarianism' for ethical, ecological, and healing reasons.
4. Phase out all forms of 'animal agriculture'...i.e. the growing of animals
for food.
5. Abolish all pesticides and any form of predator control.
6. Transfer the enforcement of animal welfare legislation from the Department
of Agriculture to a new agency created for the protection of animals and the
environment.
7. Abolish all trapping and fur ranching.
8. Abolish all 'hunting and fishing' for sport!
9. Save the rain forests and ban all international trade in wildlife or goods
produced from exotic animals.
10.  Abolish all breeding of pet or companion animals'...especially purebred or
pedigreed dogs or cats!
11.  Abolish the use of animals in sports, entertainment, zoo's, rodeos,
coursing, or aquariums.
12.  Prohibit the production of genetically manipulated transgenic animals.

Here are some of the ARO's and quotes from their Power People...

Humane Society of the US (HSUS)- This is the 1000 pound Gorilla. It recently
merged with the Fund For Animals. HSUS will receive over $100,000,000 (yep
million) in donations this year. Their President is Wayne Pacelle. Here is one
of his better quotes..."We have no ethical obligation to preserve the different
breeds of livestock produced through selective breeding. ...One generation and
out. We have no problem with the extinction of domestic animals. They are
creations of human selective breeding." Mr. Pacelle plans on introducing over
2000 pieces of legislation this year and HSUS is a co-sponsor on SB 1139...PAWS.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) PETA will only draw in $30
million in donations this year. Their co-founder is Ingrid Newkirk. Ingrid has
said some pretty outlandish things...but here is my favorite. "The bottom line
is that people don't have the right to breed dogs or cats. If people want toys,
they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship, they should seek
it with their own kind. One day we will put and end to the breeding of dogs and
cats." The other founder of PETA is Alec Pacheco. He's on board with the
following idea: "Arson, property destruction, burglary, and theft...are
acceptable crimes when performed for the animal cause." PETA employees are
getting ready to stand trial for killing animals they were supposedly going to
"Rescue" from a North Carolina Vet. They have also donated $45,000 to the legal
defense of convicted arsonist Rod Coronado of the ALF (Animal Liberation
Front). The ALF is the very militant wing of the ARO's. They are considered a
Domestic Terrorist organization and are on the FBI's Most Wanted list.

Doris Day Animal League (DDAL) the members of DDAL would not resemble the Doris
Day we loved in Pillow Talk or Lover Come Back. They are one of the co-sponsors
of SB 1139...the Pet Animal Welfare Statute or PAWS. If passed, PAWS would
redefine the term "Hobby Breeder" completely and you could find yourself a
Commercial Breeder in Uncle Sam's eyes.

Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) While ALDF doesn't compare in size or wealth
with the other ARO's listed here...they could be the most dangerous ARO of all.
Their members don't hide in the shadows waiting to free lab animals. They don't
protest outside a KFC or give children an "Unhappy Meal" with Ronald McDonald
cutting off the head of a chicken. Their words of protest are "I object" and
they wear 3 piece suits. They have chapters at major Law Schools across the
country. They are being funded with multi million dollar grants from
benefactors like "The Price Is Right" Bob Barker who now has an Animal Rights
Chair at the Yale Law School.

The bottom line is that these groups and their sycophants are well funded and
committed to take away our animals and our sport. I laud the Officers and the
Board of the Parent Club for addressing this situation. We need the same kind
of commitment to defeat the ARO's and their goals.

WE NEED YOU!

Paul Root- Chairman
RALEEF