[ SHOWGSD-L ] Quitting the List

  • From: suzanne moore <cmrz4345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

Penny,
  I read your post asking the good people on the List not to quit and leave the
Breed to the rest of the survivors. The last few weeks have been of such
quality and quantity that it makes me wonder if it really is about the dogs.
There have been so many  hours and hours of endlessly savaging each other that
it's no wonder that more and more people are asking themselves" how hard do I
want to work to be in an organization that is so screwed up?" And there seems
to be a growing number who are answering "not much!"  And, it seems impossible
to get these people to go private. I have come to believe that theirs egos are
so weak that they have to get into List brawls to feel fulfilled. Nobody wants
to leave the Breed in the hands of a bunch of anencephalic hypothyroids, but it
is possible to drive out all those who are on the List for the right reasons. I
was looking forward to voting for the next slate of officers, but then, out
came the machetes. Now I don't feel I can make an
 intelligent vote because of all the posts on the List that listed all the
genetic and social defects of each candidate to the point that I'm frightened
to vote for any of them!
  If this club continues in its current mode, it wouldn't surprise me if it
became a black hole and imploded into itself. If that happens, would we have
only All-Breed shows left for conformation? How much future for the Breed would
there be with that kind of predicament?
  Too bad the List does not even come close to realizing the unlimited
potential of a forum of communication like this. Yes, there are great things
that do appear here and make me optimistic about the focus of the List, but
then the next post ruins it. And for those who arrogantly say"get out of the
kitchen," it's not the heat of the kitchen that's intolerable, it's the stench
of the cooks! It is up to the rest of us to change the current situation.
  Charlie Moore
  Lovestead Farm