[ SHOWGSD-L ] Quitting

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:46:36 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/07 5:45:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Sometimes we forget that the GSDCA is a social/dog club, one that we  love
and are passionate about--quitting?  Please NO; from the smallest  person to
the
most influential--it will only leave you alone with what you  believe are
your principles.  Don't quit The  List!

I agree, but have another take on things.

If you want to quit something, do it. Don't go public with your  problems,
you are just saying, "this is a great way to communicate so I am  announcing
what I think about it" and now I won't use it.

I congratulate all champions, and try to comfort everyone who loses a dog  or
friend, but I do it in private. There is no need for me to say, "look at what
 a wonderful person I am" and I feel the same way about leaving an
organization.  When I leave, (or die) I will just do it, and no one will  hear
from me.
Someone might say, "what happened to Evan" and if so, thanks for  thinking of
me.

I loved to read what Fred thought. I enjoyed Patty snipping at me.  I  loved
Frank and his blasts at all of us. But, when they become dissatisfied with
the system, it is time to find another activity.  I am one of Fred's  biggest
fans, but I respect his opinion, even if it means to leave the  List.

And, if GM does go on strike, they will probably call him back.  Now  that he
is toughened with this GSDCA election, think what he could do with the  Auto
Workers?

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/