[ SHOWGSD-L ] Quitting

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:22:07 -0400

It bothers me to see people once again saying that they're going to QUIT--in
this instance it means posting to The List.  Why?  You're only hurting
yourselves!  When the Hunte flap happened, people supposedly ended their
memberships to the GSCDA--what did THAT do, except alienate those same
(former?) members who purportedly love GSDS!  I cannot even count the times
that ring comments like these reached my ears after The Kid (black) won points:
 "WELL!  Next time I'm going to bring MY Belgian Sheepdog."  If anything,
adversity fueled my desire to stay in the ring and fight.  Quitting never
solves a thing!
And now, some people think politics are playing into the reason that List
members have been removed.  I do not believe this is true--but if I am wrong,
I'm sure you'll tell me (VBG.)
I have been warned (a few times) of things that I've said that are wrong--I am
a nobody--in the big picture, was I going to quit?  NO.  Now, big names are
quitting--if anything, to a small person like me--it seems that the old tool
divide and conquer is at work.
Please people, stay on The List, retain your memberships to the GSDCA, go to
the National.  (Judging from the entry under Carmen, MANY of those
people/handlers/exhibitors  have decided to show under him after all.)  GOOD!
Penny in NY
PS:  Sometimes we forget that the GSDCA is a social/dog club, one that we love
and are passionate about--quitting?  Please NO; from the smallest person to the
most influential--it will only leave you alone with what you believe are your
principles.  Don't quit The List!