[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions to the candidates Pt 2

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:54:02 EDT

I want to offer an opinion on whether or not the candidates answers to
questions should be posted on the list. It is true that there are many non-club

members who belong to the list, but I truly don't understand why that should
bar
 these answers from being posted to the list!

There are many Democrats who do not belong to the Republican party, yet the
Republicans let their platform be known to everyone. There are many
Republicans  who read and hear what the Democrats have to say. And there are
many, many
Independents, belonging to no party, who read them both, and learn from both,
 and make sound decisions using all the information they can gather - and
may end up joining one or the other party at the end.

There is no secret about what a candidate thinks or supports - or at  least
there shouldn't be. Running for any office, whether a public office or a
organization's office, is, by it's very nature, a public venture.  In my
opinion,
it makes no sense why it would be a problem to post these  answers to the
list. Non-members can't vote, so what difference does it  make whether they can
read about what the candidates for the GSDCA's Board think  and support? I
can't
see that it can do any harm, and it just might  convince someone that the
group of people who are running for the board are  thoughtful, intelligent and
truly care about the future of the breed. Which, in  turn, might convince
someone to join the club and see how they can contribute.  But, as always, it
is
just my opinion.
Steve &  Pat Roda - Visit us on the web at _www.gsdstyle.com_
(http://www.gsdstyle.com/)
Home of Sel CH  Ken-Delaine's Egoiste, ROM OFA
and Sel EX CH. Bil-Mar's Here Comes Trouble  OFA!