[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions for the Board

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:48:36 EDT

Peggy,   I learned about the spending of the RALEEF committee's treasury
after my resignation form the committee.   I know that I never knew that it was
used up before that.    I think I was shocked for several reasons, but mainly
because prior to learning that I remembered a post from Paul *after* he had
gone
to WA., either to our committee or to the List, and somebody I am sure will
refresh my memory which that was.   Anyway, somebody had asked about the RALEEF
treasury...I'm thinking it was brought up because of AB1634...but my memory
is hazy on that, too.    But I distinctly remember Paul saying that he had
forgotten about that money and would check and see how much there was now.
Strange...............................

Stormy

In a message dated 8/22/07 4:49:42 PM, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Well, I have a question or two.  Why was money from the RALEEF fund used
> to pay a bill without the knowledge of the RALEEF committee, which still
> existed at
> the time?  Why did no one on the Committee have any idea that RALEEF
> monies were being used?  How did it come to pass that this happened, I
> am told,
> without Board approval?  The amount, whatever it was, cleaned out the
> entire RALEEF fund...which was nearly $3000...I thought Board approval
> was required
> to pay bills over $700
>         Anyone care to step up and answer those questions?    (I'm
> putting this on the list because of the Board's big secrecy policy.)
> Peggy  (former legislative liaison and RALEEF member)

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org