[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions for Board Members

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GreyPines@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:03:39 -0700 (PDT)

How about the regional clubs do a fund raiser at their shows and send the
profits to the GSDCA to hold in trust for the Regional club Rescue fund and I
am not talking dogs here. If a regional club finds itself  in trouble they can
request help from the Fund.  We might even be able to collect the money when we
pay our GSDCA dues. You could check a box that said I would like to donate so
much to the Regional Club Rescue fund. If each member donated just 1 dollar we
would have at least 3000.00 dollars to have in reserve to help the regional
clubs. It is at the regional shows that we show our dogs to the Specialty
judges. If we don't help each other we are going to be in trouble.

Let me know what you think.
Terry
GreyPines@xxxxxxx wrote:
Amy:
We spent $5,773 on the WDA. This supported the team going to Europe, dogs
competing in Mexico and some trophies.
If we did not provide these funds, they would come out of the WDA treasury, I
believe.
Regards
Bill
Bill Pfeiffer, GSDCA Treasurer & I-Net Committee Chair (919-781-4955)

In a message dated 4/28/2005 7:18:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I could be wrong but I don't think the GSDCA helps the WDA club but makes a
donation for the WDA team to represent the GSDCA at the world trial.

I want to know how you would make it fair if the parent club started cutting
checks to the regional clubs? It would appear to me that you would be punishing
the active clubs who have members that are willing to get out there and hustle
and your are rewarding the clubs with cash gifts for not being out there and
hustling.

Perhaps the people who are not members of a regional club but are members of
the GSDCA should volunteer to help the regional clubs raise money. This is the
age of the computers you don't have to live close to be  involved.
Terry
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am suggesting that since the PC supports WDA with $5000 they could
certainly afford to help clubs who are in dire need of support financially.
I'm not talking about low bank accounts, i'm talking about a club who is
ready to go under. I am not foolish to think they should just give to any
club,,,,but i am talking about serious need.
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com