[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions about procedure/veterans

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:22:02 EST

In a message dated 10/30/2006 9:00:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 10/30/2006 7:32:38 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
MB-F  usually prints the definition  in the judging schedule as
well for  the  convenience of the  exhibitor.

This is a great idea.  And very easy to implement. Printing  the  guidelines
for the non-regular classes in the catalog and/or  judging schedule,  for all
have and understand. It would save a lot  of guessing.

I guess the only challenge will be to check for any changes  in the rules. I
assume they are posted on the AKC  website?

Ileana

Eeshh!  If only it was that easy!  From my days as a  corresponding
secretary, what I remember is that notification of rule changes is  sent out to
member
clubs, usually on pastel sheets of paper that you are then  supposed to place
in the front of the corresponding rule book.  The paper  insert for some
reason is not the same color as the cover of the pertinent rule  book, never
knew
why!  Maybe they ran out of colors?  The Stewards  rule book and the OB/Rally
rule book are both yellow for instance  <G>.  Anyway, these are the same rule
books that you can pick up at  the events table at any show and when they are
more or less out of date, they  have the same loose piece(s?) of paper stuck in
the front. Eventually, a new  rule book is printed.  I believe when you go to
the web site and pull up  the rule book you are interested in, when there
have been changes but no new  book printed yet a similar color (loose) page
pops
up in the PDF  format.

It wasn't unusual to see a half dozen of these a month BTW.

Interesting; I found the Labrador Retriever National Specialty, the Golden
Retriever National Specialty and the Brittany National Specialty premiums on
line.  They all handle Veterans differently.  (The Goldens have a HUGE
Veterans' Sweeps, and have Best and Best Opposite w/ prize money.)  They  have
everything we do too, plus hunting tests and classes for field  dogs.  What a
complicated premium THAT is!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_