[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions about procedure/veterans

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:31:19 EST

In a message dated 10/29/2006 7:42:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Amytortoise writes:
At any dog show whether it be a National, a specialty show or an all  breed
show, the Veterans are judged between winners bitch and Best of breed.  The
first place winners from each Veteran class then go back in to compete for
best
of breed. It really is not that hard to understand.
Amy

No Amy, it really depends on how the application for the show is made and
how the class is classified in the premium lists.  (Remember, you can have
veteran's groups at all breed shows.   I know we weren't talking about  all
breeds, but you list them in  your post).

IF a class is listed w/ regular classes, the winners compete for  WD/WB.  If
it is listed as non-regular, class of one (not class entry, one  as opposed to
two, say brace) the dogs are judged before BOB and eligible for  BOB.  If it
is listed as exhibition or special attraction, after BOB.

We did it right at the National:)  The class WAS listed as non  regular,
class of one in the premium.  But, it doesn't HAVE to be.

Here's some info below from MBF's site that may help to clarify.   (Sorry if
it comes through highlighted on your copy, I had it "cached" so I  could find
it quickly).

Q: Iâ??m confused about the Veterans Class. At some shows I see them judged
before Best of Breed and then the winner goes into Best of Breed, while at
other
 shows I see them judged  after Best of Breed. What gives?
A: You will find your answers in the clubâ??s premium list. The Veterans Class
is normally a  non-regular class involving a single dog entry and is judged
prior to Best of  Breed. The winner of the Veterans Class is eligible  to
compete in Best of Breed by virtue of having won the Veterans Class. However,
clubs
also have the option of having a â??Special Attractionâ?? Veterans Class. This
class  is judged after Best of Breed has been awarded and usually the winner
then goes  on to compete in special Veteran Groups or competes in the  Best
Veteran in Show competition.
The definition of the Veterans Class as it appears  in the premium list is
your key. The other variable is if a club is having a  â??Special Attractionâ??
Veterans Class and has  Specialty Clubs offering the usual Veterans Class as
part
of  their Specialty. This would be noted as exceptions in the definition of
the  â??Special Attractionâ??. If the Veterans Class is a â??Special
Attractionâ??
Veterans  Class MB-F usually prints the definition in the judging schedule as
well for the  convenience of the exhibitor.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_