[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions - Nationals

  • From: "L. Hartten" <hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:50:57 -0600

On 10/3/07 7:32 PM, Cinosam GSD wrote:
> Three questions for the Coloradians (or others in the know)
>
>   1. Driving from East to West on Interstate 80/76 - is Hwy 34 a good option
> to cut over near Wiggins rather than driving all the way down to Denver then
> back North again?

  Absolutely.  It gives you a nice sense of the Eastern Plains, and it's
a less stressful drive since it's not on a packed interstate.  I say, go
for it!
>   2.  Estes park - any idea if Trail Ridge Road will still be open?

  You can always get to the town of Estes Park (well, except during a
blizzard but then you can't get anywhere).  As for Trail Ridge Road in
Rocky Mountain National Park, the lower portions of the road are open
year-round.  As for the upper portions (over the Divide), no way to
tell; it's weather dependent.  They actually closed it briefly last
weekend I believe, and then reopened it.  If they can clear it very
easily, or if it clears itself off in the daytime, they'll keep it
open.  Once the snow gets going, they give in and close it.
>   3.  Do they sell Mich Golden Draft Light in CO?

  No clue, I'm a wine & whiskey person :)  Trail Ridge Winery has a
tasting room on US34 in Loveland, and Snowy Peaks Winery has a place in
Estes Park.

Cheers,
  Leslie
--
Leslie M. Hartten                web: http://spot.colorado.edu/~hartten
Indi (TerraNorte's Midnight Indigo, German Shepherd Dog)  &  Brittany