[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questionnaire Ownership Announcement

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:08:28 -0400

Well, I'm sure some think it's funny...however, in any kind of business,
in the military, anywhere, one's work product is pretty much sacred, and
anyone else appropriating it without permission is a thief...plain and
simple.  People get passed over for promotions for this kind of thing,
because it shows they are not trustworthy.
    This, by the way, is why I have kept files of EVERYTHING that
concerned this questionnaire, as has Ileana and, I believe, Pat as
well.  Nowhere did anyone else have knowledge of what we were doing with
it (except Bill Basu, who worked with Ileana on the initial questions).
Even the admin staff of the list didn't see any of the questions until
they were posted, with the exception of Margy Golant, who, as a
candidate, was asked to respond to the questionnaire.
    People have been on the list talking about how the GSDCA should be
run like a business, and slamming one another both on the list and
privately...appropriating the questionnaire (which was a list project
and for that matter, a project that has gone on before this year) for
one's own use without permission, without even ASKING for permission,
was an act of unmitigated gall and extremely unethical.
Peggy