[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question to the list about judges?

  • From: S&C Grainger <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rchesnut70502@xxxxxxx, Kay Springer <showgsd@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bedkar@xxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 05:02:46 -0800 (PST)

Problem is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, ie, what some judges perceive
a "good" may not necessarily be good and certainly not great. I have never met
a judge who didn't "think" they couldn't find a good or great one, but the
results of their judging might indicate otherwise! There are many who would
prefer to put up an average dog, that exhibits nothing really wrong, but
nothing really correct either as opposed to putting up a great dog that has
outstanding attributes in all areas BUT one. I liken it to being presented with
two cars for possible purchase, one a BMW with a glaring dent in the side, or a
dodge neon that has no obvious damage. I'll take my chance on the BMW but many
would choose the lesser car that is damage free! C
www.hickoryhillgsd.com