[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question on new AKC class designations

  • From: Gsdbroon@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:26:55 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/2010 1:49:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
showgsd@xxxxxxx writes:

Some  where in my mind I thought AKC had decided to break the 12-18
puppy  class in two - ie 12-15 and 15-18 mos.  and I thought it was
going into effect in May.  Did I imagine this or is it really  happening?

In looking over some of the upcoming premium lists, I do not  see a
listing for these two class....still just shows 12-18.   If this is
going into effect, is it up to the clubs to decide if  they want to
split the class?

Tried to find into on the AKC  website but could not find anything
although I admit I find the AKC  website not particularly user friendly.

TIA

Kay  Springer

Right, Kay.

From the Sept 09 Delegates Minutes.  But I have not noticed it  offered in
All Breed shows...but maybe it is too early.

The first vote was on the proposed  amendment
to Chapter 3, Section 5, of Rules Applying
to Dog Shows - Dog  Show Classifications.
The proposed amendment was submitted by
the Delegate  Dog Show Rules Committee
and approved by the Board of Directors.
This  amendment would permit the further
division of the 12 to 18 month class at  the
option of the individual club. The Board recommended
its  approval.
The Delegates voted with a two thirds affirmative
vote so that  the amendment was
adopted, effective July 1, 2010.

viv