[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question on Hospitality for judges

  • From: PUD709@xxxxxxx
  • To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:21:37 EST

Since I partially opened this can of worms I am answering the above  post.

My own answers are all I will give-not answer for otheres.
I do not mind not being picked up as long as directions are given for  pickup
and delivery to the hotel. many times I come in during a weekday and do  not
expect anyone to leave work.As for returning to the airport the same if it  is
early am or weekday.  If it right after the show the answer is  yes.
Ofering to take them to dinner the night before is the nice way to begin  the
weekend.  Some judges may prefer to eat at the hotel if there is a
restaurant and go to bed if it is late.  Aain if there is a restaurant or  one
next
door I dont feel breakfast entertaining is necessary.

There is not a problem to me about the entertainment committe of one or  more
showing the next day.  I dont ask and they dont tell. I do as I please
anyway.

I think it only polite to ask the sat. judge to the dinner that evening  when
there is a show the next day.  If there is going to be a speech by  that days
judge ask tomorrows judge to excuse him or herself for a few  minutes.

I prefer no gifts.  I feel the clubs struggle enough to aford the  judge.
HOTELS are almost every judges choice.

Thanks for listening   Marion Lawrence