[ SHOWGSD-L ] Question for placing an adult dog

  • From: Linda DeLarso <lindelgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-L <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:16:07 -0400

I wanted to get some opinions here.
I may be placing an adult dog. My questions is Do you ask for a adoption
fee? Or do you give them the dog?
I know first and foremost is finding the best home ever. And this couple has
been highly recommended from a fellow breeder, as they had one of their
dogs. So I am comfortable that is is a wonderful home. I spent an hour on
the phone with them and they are coming tonight to meet him.
He is a doll and fully trained including the house with wonderful manners.
BTW he is 6 years old.
So I have heard both, it is better to ask for an adoption fee and they are
going to pay it anywhere (shelters or rescues I guess they mean)  and some
think there is more value in something that is paid for.  Then I know that
some have just given them away with no fee knowing they are going to a good
home.

So just wanted some opinions on both sides, as I have never done this .
Except to family and they of course where just given.  : )

You can respond in private .

Thanks in advance ,

Linda DeLarso
Lindel Shepherds