[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question for candidates

  • From: John Lacher <john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-I@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:42:35 -0700

Ed wrote: very few BOD members have communicated regularly on this list
with list members.

I write, why doesn't the Officers and BOD members communicate with the
membership? Isn't that a duty/function of the GSDCA Membership Chairperson?
Members feel like they are kept in the dark a lot of times. No one wants to
be treated like a mushroom. I think we are talking about transparency. Are
we not? If not, then tell the membership why.

I can tell you from recent experience, (June 2015 to present), I have been
serving as a GSDCA Committee Liaison. Since June I have had the wonderful
opportunity to speak with members of GSD clubs throughout the nine regions
concerning legislative matters. The single most important comment I have
received from the people that I have spoken to is they are "delighted" over
the fact that someone representing the German Shepherd Dog Club of
America would
take the time to contact them personally.

Food for thought! A simple and kind Hi, How are you and what can YOU do to
help the club goes a long way!

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, at least tell me. I warn you, BE NICE.
You will get in return what you give.

Thank you
Sincerely,

John Lacher
GSDCA Committee Liaison-Mid Pacific Region.
Member: German Shepherd Dog Club of Sacramento Valley, Inc.