[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question for all you "sable-philes"

  • From: Nikelist@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:17:28 EDT

Natalie,

You are a breath of fresh air.  There are many breeders (and  stud dog
owners) that are discerning and responsible, but sadly there  are some that are
not.
 This is detrimental to the breed  (for the canine population - yes, we
rescue) and in some cases for the  individual animals; bitches too young
(mentally
and/or physically), unsound  (physically and mentally), etc.

Thoughtfulness, consideration and knowledge in breeding is more than
important, it is a necessity when looking at the best interest of our breed  -
today
and in the future,   AND it is the responsibility of the bitch  owner AND the
stud dog owner.  If the buck doesn't stop with the bitch  owner it still can
with the stud dog owner.  Everyone is responsible.

This can be a big soap box for me, so I won't climb on .... right  now.

Enjoy your day,

Sharlonna McGaha

Support A Junior ... Show Your Vision For The Future.

~~NCP~~Nike Clayfield Paladin~~Sharlonna McGaha and Dr. Gloria S.  Rice

Tell and Show A Friend You Care - Today, for Today is The Gift We  Have.

In a message dated 6/14/2005 8:51:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx writes:

someone  called me to breed their 14 month bitch and i refused as it was not
in the  bitch's best interest and they didnt care and found someone that was
willing to and she had 10 puppies...the owner of the male never required a
bruc
or vaginal culture....have not see the owner or the bitch since....i  did
what i
felt was right for the bitch as she was a small bitch and has  not matured
enough(way too young for me) and to top it off, they never did  prelims on
the
bitch...we, as breeders, have to make the right decision  and for me, it was
turning down the breeding....natalie