[ SHOWGSD-L ] Question about showing....

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 19:31:25 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/11/13 2:05:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I agree  with you Kay. We all remember how beautiful Sel Ch. Houston of
Wildwood ROM  was. He didn't pass OFA and a large number of his progeny were
OFA good or  better.

I wasn't going to do it, but I might as well.  Gotti had an elbow that
would not pass, and Houston has a hip that would not pass.

We combined Houston and Gotti to get Big Ben.  Ben became the number  one
producer one year, and then  his son, Mephisto the next year. They  produced
great hips and elbows, and so Tedi was able to breed to the quality,  and
was careful to avoid doubling up with the problems.

You never can take one thing and ignore the total dog. Now, bad hips and
elbows, probably would be pushing it.  I will put up with one problem if I
can breed away from it.  So far I haven't found the perfect dog.   Although
the one that sleeps on the bed at night is coming close.

I would not campaign a dog with bad hips, because unless you are going to
have a stud dog, why spend the money.  Kirk has his Select Excellent so he
has good hips and elbows.  I would not have shown him with less, but that
is just me. I might breed to someone however, if I could breed away from the
problem.

What makes a terrible tough German shepherd so fond of hugs?  Tami was
spending some time with us. She tried to come in the house when we weren't
home.  She can tell you what Kirk is like if he thinks you are a problem.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together