[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question about male behavior

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:27:15 EST

In a message dated 2/15/11 1:23:18 PM, marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Why is he acting this way when she's coming out of season?  He was
> noticeably calmer when she was ready to stand and now it's like his head
> has
> exploded.

Hi Jackie,
It's either a sign that your male is young and inexperienced and just has a
one track mind but not the nose to tell when she is actually ready, OR your
bitch is actually READY now and she's a flirt early on.   In most cases I
would put my money on a stud dogs nose rather than when a bitch would
cooperate.   The girls can be fickle, especially virgins.   Did you have a
smear or
progesterone test done on your girl?
I have to tell you a story about one of my males long ago who would   go
crazy and howl and would keep me up at night when the girls were in heat,
soooo since it was in the summer and the nights were pleasant, in order to keep
my sanity I put him out in his crate in the van with ventilation (my dogs
are all house dogs) and I was able to get some sleep.    Good luck.
Pat