[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question about Program (the flea preventative)...

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 13:56:11 EDT

Bonnie,

I don't what the primary ingredient in Program is, but you can look
it up at this site to see if it has been tested as safe for pregnant  or
nursing bitches.

_http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1303&articleid=856_
(http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1303&articleid=856)

Janice

In a message dated 9/2/2007 11:01:01 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx writes:
Hello,

Does anyone know if its safe to give  Program (the oral  flea
preventative) to nursing bitches? The package  says consult a vet before
giving it to
lactating bitches but since  none but emergency vets are open on  Sunday I
thought
I would ask the  list, maybe someone has asked   their vet in the past?
I saw a flea on her, so I washed her in dawn dish  detergent  (kills fleas
& safe for her puppies) I ran a flea comb  over the  babies and found no more
fleas but I would really like  to have her  back on her flea preventative to
prevent a problem  from cropping  up.

Much thanks,
Bonnie Jenkins

-------

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."