[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question about 4-6 month beginner puppy classes/Suggestions

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx" <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>, sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx, nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, and there they were -------the little babies in there with big time
handlers on them as if it were an award for junior grand victor.  GEESH !
Wasn't this class intendedto increase interest and participation for
---------well,  for whom ?
Carolyn
Date: Monday, October 15, 2012, 11:05 AM

i never even gave dogs to handlers until they reached 9-12 unless it was for a
futurity class. we used to have enormous match shows. it was so much fun to
bring several puppies and just let them enjoy the experience. the delaware
valley match used to be the first show of the season and you had a chance to
see everybody after the long winter layoff.
---- Sally Hayden <sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What a shame it would be if the fun of showing young puppies turns into a pro
> handler situation.
>
> Sally
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 15, 2012, at 6:22 AM, Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps these rules serve no useful purpose and should be eliminated.
> > Unlike the new policies that violate the Standard and the Mission Statement
> > of the organization with regard to supporting and promoting the Standard,
> > resulting in practically no new entry fees, the Baby Puppy classes have
> > been a success from the start and have generated income for the club.  I
> > would like to see their availability expanded at the specialty shows so
> > that more of us could get our best puppies out earlier and throughout the
> > year.  I would also like to see rosettes given in the class, equivalent to
> > those given in the other classes.  I would also like the see the
> > eligibility date for the Futurities changed so that a 7 month old puppy is
> > shown in the first Futurity class rather than the Baby Puppy class as
> > happened to me this year.  Come on!
> >
> > Zoa
> >
> > Dr. Zoa Rockenstein, AKC Breeder of Merit
> > http://www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com/
> > Home of Multiple Group Winner  GCH RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie)
> > HSAs RN BN
> > Group Winner Ch. RiverRock's Straight From The Heart PT, HSAsd (Sera)
> > Multiple BPISS and BOBP Midwest Futurity RiverRock's One Fine Day (Sunny)
> > and RiverRock's Starlett O'Hara

norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com