[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question about 4-6 month beginner puppy classes/Suggestions

  • From: "Adelhund Shepherds" <SimplyTheBestGSD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:59:26 -0400

But if you really think about it  does a 4-6 month puppy
That is supposed to be in the class to learn how to show and
Get experience really need a professional handler showing them?

I believe the class was started as a way to get the younger dogs  out
And exposed to the dog show world. It is really hard to find matches
anymore.
 And also to give their owners
Another way to compete and gain some experience.

They don't need to be shown in a supersized ring at that age.

And yes I am sure someone will say AKC did it to make more money.

But really folks  there are no points  and only two ribbons handed out.

Best Beginner Puppy and Best Opposite puppy

So  I do get why AKC has the rule.

If  I had not just read the regulations myself  I would not have known
About it either.   And that was recently done prior to gaining the
information for our
Club to hold the class.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were
to success when they gave up.........

Donna Graham ~Adelhund Shepherds~
www.adelhundshepherds.com
Where German Shepherds Are Simply The Best!